Strathcona-Tweedsmuir School located on a 220-acre campus in DeWinton, just northwest of Okotoks, is offering the following Alberta Education senior high courses to all interested students in July 2020:
- Social Studies 20-1 (5-credit)
- Social Studies 30-1 (5-credit)
- Calm 20 (3-credit)
- Physics 20 (5-credit)
- Biology 20 (5-credit)
There are numerous benefits to summer school:
- An opportunity to get back in the classroom with your peers and experienced teachers, after being in online classes for the past few months.
- Flexibility in the school year, allowing students to take a course that doesn’t fit in their timetable.
- A great opportunity to try something new.
- Time to pursue interests and participate in extra-curricular offerings during the regular school year.
- Covid-19 will limit international travel opportunities for families, so students will be close to home with time on their hands.
Students who do not attend STS are welcome! We are currently exploring the delivery of these courses and therefore, the teaching format (on-line, in-class or a blended learning model) may change over the course of the next few weeks at the direction of Alberta Health Services (AHS), who will ultimately decide the parameters. If the delivery of the course(s) will be done in-class, they will be held on the STS campus and will follow AHS protocols as stipulated at that time.
No matter the format, our goal is to help students flourish and succeed, and to make meaningful connections.
Registration for all summer school course offerings will close on June 12, 2020.
Please click here to find out more and register for STS Summer School.